Monday, August 10, 2009

Granddad's visit

Granddad left a week ago and I am just now getting around to posting about his visit. The girls were spoiled rotten with attention because right as we got back from VA my dad was here for almost a week. We had a great time while he was here, although we didn't do much. We went to a birthday party at Gymboree and hung out around the house, playing in the pool in between showers. Afternoon showers are the norm these days which is nice...it cools things off a bit. The girls really enjoy the company and have had to adjust to it just being me and occasionally depending on his schedule Dad. I love William's job. He is home so much which is nice. I really am not crazy about where we live but it is a trade off...and right now I will take having William home more often and a flexible job.

Ellie and another little boy hanging out
Anthony, the birthday boy!

LK-I like to hoard maracas, or anything right now!


This place is fun Mom!
Blowing out his candle

Bubbles bubbles everywhere


LK
We love banana bread
We love to accesorize, especially with sparkly shoes!
The sound on our computer no longer works and here is the reason why! One day she hit it and the sound came back but alas she got a hold of it again and it no longer works. She knows she is not supposed to touch but she is testing me as you can tell!
We like to hide in tight places and wear mom's sports bra around our neck
Even sometimes together
Like I said, we like glittery shoes and beg for them to be put on our feet all day!

We love to swim
Family photo op

We love to climb on things a lot these days even if they could slip right out from underneath us!
We love Grandaddy!
The girls are growing leaps and bounds and changing so much every day. We have started the transition from 2 naps/day to now 1 nap/day. They weren't sleeping well for both naps or altogether skipping the afternoon nap which resulted in major meltdowns come late afternoon. It has been harder than I thought but going pretty well. I have to get them out of the house in the morning or else it is miserable getting them to lunch time. We have made some early trips to the playground before it gets too hot, trips to Target, Chick-fil-a and even the beach one day.
Both of them have started throwing tantrums. When they get mad, they throw themselves on the floor and scream and cry. I pretty much ignore that behavior but am reading some books on toddlerhood and discipline. This stage is fun despite its challenges but I do miss my sweet innocent babies! LK is definitely our tester. She has the more laid back personality but also has a short fuse. Ellie is a lot more active and into things but is more eager to please. She listens better and will stop her behavior if asked but often times will go right back to it...case in point...the dishwasher. While loading the dishwasher they often come over and try to take the utensils out. Since knives are in there it is dangerous. When asked she will walk away(sometimes for a few seconds before coming back), but LK altogether ignores me or looks up at me and continues to grab them anyways. Ahh, the joys of parenting!
So far they get along great with few tiffs if any at this point. I hope it stays that way. I know many fights are ahead of us but I want them to be close and have fun together. They love to talk to each other while in their cribs. It is so funny to watch them on the monitor go back and forth. LK's crib is close to the light switch and within reach. The little booger loves to turn the light on and off. We have used lots of tape to keep the light switch off. At this point with two cribs there is no other way to rearrange so we are just dealing with the problem instead of moving them.
They are no longer walking, they are running. And climbing. On everything. Scrapes, bumps and bruises are pretty common around here. They can reach up to the counter and pull things down so we have had to become very aware of what it up there especially sharp knives.
Nap time is over, so mom's blog time is too! Aw shucks! Have a great week!



2 comments:

A.K. said...

they look like they have quite the personalities- love the one of them in the pool!

Hilary said...

Love the pictures!!! Being a Mom..never a dull moment right!!!:)