Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm here, really I am!

It seems that when I get back home after traveling, it takes me a week to get back into the swing of things and recover enough to find time to blog! We had a great last week in Richmond. We hung out with Mom, mostly. I forgot to mention, before William left, we had a cookout at my good friend Tricia's. My other good friend Karen was in town from New York so it worked out and we were all able to visit. I was also able to meet up with my friend Jenny from high school and her sweet girls, Ella and Finley. We met up and walked to a small park where the girls played in the dirt and on park benches. Ella played with her soccer ball and attempted to get Ellie and Lindley Kate to kick back but my girls wanted to pick up the ball and run with it. We had lunch and tried to catch up amidst wrangling kiddos.

My good friend Jen and her family recently moved to North Carolina. Since it had been practically a year since we last saw each other and I was about 5 hours away, I packed the girls up and we headed down to Hampstead, NC for a visit with she, Neil and Liam. They warmly welcomed us into their home and helped me out from the get go. The girls had a great time visiting with them and loving on Jen. Liam's advanced verbal skills rubbed off on my girls because they are now talking a ton. I can' t make out what they are saying most of the time but I understand them because they typically point to what they want as they are saying it. We had a great but short visit. Jen and I stayed up way too late each night talking. They graciously hosted a cookout and invited our good friends, the Saddlers over for a visit. All of our husbands were in the same squadron and flew together in San Diego. I had such a great time and I really wished we lived closer. We are looking forward to meeting up with the Oswalds at Disney World in November. Jen, thank you for everything from the great food and cookout,to a fun day out in Wilmington, your generous hospitality and Neil's late night diaper run for me! I am so glad I made the drive to see you, it was worth it! Oh and I am the worst about taking pics, so if you want to see more pics from our trip to NC, you'll have to head on over to their blog. I also have a lot more pics from Richmond, but forgot to copy my mom's pictures since we took them all with her camera, oh well, hopefully I will get them one day.

Ella playing with her soccer ball, sweet Finley with momma in the back. ( I should have gotten more pics of Finley, the sweetest baby around)
Lindley Kate and Ellie eating snacks on the bench.


Ella and Ellie
The girls hanging out
Jen and Ellie...she was laying her head on Jen's shoulder but the moment I broke the camera out she wanted down, of course!
The kiddos, Liam, Luke, Lindley Kate,and Ellie with Mike. The girls decided to butter up to Mike...he needs some practice bc they will welcoming a little girl next month! Luke is going to be a big brother!

My dad came to visit the day after we got home and I have a lot of pics from our week with him, I promise to get those up very soon!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE all the picture with the boots...SO CUTE! I can't believe your little ones...are not so little. How is everything? I think a phone conversation-catch up session is in order soon...

Miss you!

B-Mama said...

Glad to see you all had a great rest of your visit and an extra one down to NC. How heartwarming! We were so glad to get the chance to see you all while you were in VA. Incidentally, our colds sidelined us well into the weekend. We pushed a trip to Busch Gardens and paid for it. I am STILL coughing! ahh! Glad we got in at least one Boulware sighting. So fun. Blessings!