Most of the kids that come are around the girls age and under 2. But one girl has 3 boys 18 months apart and the oldest is 4. We went to her house yesterday. Their house is loud and crazy and that is just how it is with her boys. Upon entering her house, I put down Ellie, my mobile child so she can walk on in the house. She was greeted by two small dogs (5lbs) and freaked out. She hasn't done that before so it took me off guard but she was scared and reaching up for me in despair. So I put the dog lover (Lindley Kate) down and pick Ellie up. LK does love dogs but we aren't around them much so we haven't really worked on appropriate dog behavior. Thankfully these dogs tolerated their ears being pulled. But I am still in the foyer. We finally make it in. Ellie is instantly taken by the drum and drumsticks being played by M, who is 4. She begins to follow him around. He is sweet and gentle but like many kids his age lacks situational awareness and he is oblivious to this one year old following him around trying to grab the stick from his hand. I am chasing her around trying to keep her from getting accidentally knocked in the head. Meanwhile I put LK down on the floor with toys next to her friend C who is 6 days younger. I pick Ellie up look behind me and LK is red as a hornet screaming as C has two handfuls of her hair tugging hard. She was pretty clinging after that incident, rightfully so. Poor thing. I felt bad but what do you do...babies don't know better and C is just an example of this. For the rest of the party I am trying to keep Ellie from taking toys from the big boys. I look back in the kitchen and see all my friends (all but two other girls) with one baby sitting at the kitchen table eating food, feeding their babies in booster seats and enjoying conversation. I will never know what that feels like! But in the end, my situation is very fun and most people will never know what it feels like to have two babies at once and the fun that comes from this very experience. I know this but occasionally I am jealous...what can I say....I'm human, a sinner,and I take for granted what I have more than I care to admit. I could just not go but then I would never see adults and make friends so it is worth it to me even if I create more work for myself. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to manage two babies and getting to the pool. It is hot here and I know that is an activity we are talking about doing soon! It should be interesting. And one more thing...my friends are always helpful and do have my babies on their hips frequently telling me to go eat lunch.
My confident child














3 comments:
Hang in there Momma!! Some Momma's have all the luck :) have a Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope you have a super day :)
Oh Kerry! I feel like we could have been the ones hosting you all in that last description! :) And even though my boys are crazy often, there is nothing like life with young twins! When my sister had her boys, I really couldn't talk to her much on the phone bc she had no spare free time. Now that her boys are 5, however, might I encourage by saying that her life is SO much easier and perhaps even easier than someone with one 5-year-old. Her boys are friends, involved in all the same activities, etc. She says its a breeze! See what you have to look forward to! :) Hugs!
Hi Kerry,
I have been reading your blog for a while now and my son was 2 when my twins were born. As far as swiming goes this was wonderful for me http://www.myswimbaby.com/catalog.php?category=58
Also, you will be surprised how quickly they can get used to the life jackets when swiming. Especially if you buy the ones with neck support. I used to put them in those then put them in baby floats and they would just float around in the pool and I didn't have to hold them. They are now 3 and all I can say is it DOES get easier! I can totally relate to everything you said! Hang in there! Stephanie
Post a Comment