Monday, March 23, 2009

11 months

Eleven months! The countdown is on. The girls turned 11 months on March 18th which happens to also be their daddy's birthday. We had a great morning hanging out with him before he went in to work. I took the girls to the store with me and we came home and baked him a cake. Unfortunately the girls have to wait until April 18th before I will let them indulge. What would they have to look forward to if I let them eat cake now?



It was wonderful to have him home for his birthday. He has spent several birthdays in Iraq or away from family so we were happy to celebrate.



The girls are changing daily and I really can't believe I am planning their first birthday party. I was looking back at pictures of me last year at this time and woah momma... I was HUGE!



This month the girls have started to beep bop and groove to music. They have a book that plays music if you push a button and it seems to get them going. It is rather humorous and William and I get quite a chuckle out of it.



Their favorite time of day is by far bath time. It used to be going outside to swing BUT a couple of weekends ago, William killed a snake in our yard, on the side of the house. It turned out to be non-poisonous, thankfully. Sorry to admit but we have not graced the backyard since. I am terrified of snakes and I think if I had actually seen it I might have fainted. I really DISLIKE snakes. Eventually I will get over it and go back out in the yard but for now, we'll go to the park.

So back to what I was saying...the girls love bath time. William loves this time of day bc he gets them all clean and gets to play with them. The other night I overheard him sprinkling the girls with a toy watering can and talking to Ellie who was trying to grab it from him. "I'm watering Lindley Kate so she will grow. Here I will sprinkle you too." Let's sprinkle here," as he sprinkles her belly. "One day something will sprout out of there too and it is called grandbabies!"



As you can see from the pics below our monthly shots are pretty much impossible. They are all over the place!





































To be like "Daddy" OR

To be like "Mommy?" Daddy doesn't want his daughters to be Marines!

Daddy's little mini me :)









Photobucket

3 comments:

Hilary said...

LOVE all the new pictures!!! The girlies are SO big!!! Wow 1 month away from being 1 year old !?!?! Where has the time gone....sweet girlies!! thankyou for sharing it has been a JOY to watch them grow :)

Jessica said...

They couldn't be more adorable if they tried!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I am in love with all their smocked clothing!! Enjoy your Countdown to One! It's such a fun and special time!