Sunday, January 25, 2009

This and That

Some random thoughts from the past week or so:

The girls have been a little under the weather...snotty noses, a little bit of fever but overall very manageable and not that bad...they hate the bulb syringe but it is good at clearing the airway!

Saturday I went to get my hair cut and highlighted. I haven't had my hair colored since August...long time! I got my hair cut in October by a different hairdresser. Lets just say I STILL miss my hairdresser in San Diego.

I met William and the girls for dinner afterwards at a barbeque place...an elderly gentleman commented over and over around the restaurant that we have well behaved children. That was better than my last experience eating out that I shared with you in a previous post.

After dinner, I headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up some formula and learned that it is the happening place for several high schoolers to hang out. The girls were all dolled up and looking cute...It made me feel old bc it reminded me of being in high school and meeting up with friends...only we didn't meet up at Wal-Mart and then it reminded me of the fact that I live in the country!

Lindley Kate has a new habit...she likes to spit and make noises with her tongue and mouth even while she is eating...super messy and just unpleasant.

Due to illness, I have been sneezed on a lot this week and it is pretty gross to be sneezed on with a mouth full of food!

William and I have been going to the same church here for awhile. I am not ready to put the girls in the nursery. As I have said before I would like to get through this winter since the girls were born a little premature. We take them in with us and after today we decided we would be going to church alone, him, the early service and for me the 11:00...only a few more months of this.

I watched the inauguration last week...I love the pomp and circumstance and it is neat to see. Obama was not my choice but I am glad we have reached the point where we can elect an african american president. That being said, I find it sad how much hope people have placed in him... I wish they were putting their hope in Christ. Also...after watching the video below on Sam and Esther...the amount of money we paid for the inauguration and the whole election process is just disgusting...what a waste of money! It isn't America's responsibility to financially solve the world's problems but really, it is just over the top. Not that I am not guilty of becoming wrapped up in worldly things...I am terribly guilty of it...we are surrounded my material things and it is thrown in our face constantly...not that it is an excuse bc it isn't. If only human suffering was thrown in our face as much as material things... I wonder how different we would be? The amount of money spent on the inauguration could solve so many of the hunger problems we have in our own country.

On a lighter note... I am failing miserably at keeping up with the laundry in our house!

I attempted to make homemade salsa. My sister in law gave me a recipe but it was a huge recipe to make a lot of it and can it. Anyways....I attempted to make it on a much smaller level and well it wasn't good! I didn't want William to know, so I took out a jar of Pace Picante salsa, and put in the mixer. I don't like the chunky stuff anyway. I took it in for a taste test and he was impressed!!! My guilty conscious kicked in and I informed him that this salsa was from the jar and it is no longer chunky! He laughed at me...like of course you screwed the recipe up! He told me today that he liked it better without all the chunks after all!

I need to go to bed but here are few pics of my girls after church today and hanging out before bath time in the semi buff!































































Photobucket

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Cute as always!!! :)

Anonymous said...

These girls are so incredibly adorable...so cuddly. Hope it won't be long before you will be back in Richmond so I can meet them in person.

B-Mama said...

Love seeing their cuteness in Fuzzi Bunz! You are an amazing, cloth diapering mother of twins!! Make salsa out of the jar anyday--you've earned it. :) Way to go!

clarkfam said...

oh the girls are getting so big and cuter than ever. I really loved the stage with Cooper that they are now in - a world of discovery! I love keeping up with you and you are doing an awesome job loving them!!! - Sarah

Jonna said...

love the cloth butts!! I didn't know you CD!!