Thursday, October 9, 2008

Getting in the groove

I haven't taken the time to write about our lives lately, just posting pics but I had a few minutes to post so I thought I would but Ellie just woke up early from her nap and she is hanging out in the swing...we'll see how long it last! William started back to work on October 1. I was dreading that day in many ways... I had gotten use to help as well as the girls but it came and went without a bang. We have fallen into a routine (the girls and I)!Most days are good some are survival mode.

Well it is now 830 pm and my thoughts are not as gathered now as they were earlier today... Ellie didn't cooperate and she wanted to be held so blogging had to wait. As I was saying we are getting into a routine. Nighttime routine was painful when we first moved but it has gotten a lot better. They still are not sleeping through the night completely. It is funny though because they alternate who is waking up. Usually they go back to sleep with a little back rub and a paci in the mouth but occasionally it doesn't work or we don't have the patience at 2 am to stand at their crib trying to get them to stop crying and we don't want the other one woken up so we cave and bring them to bed with us. Problem is that I am the one who suffers and I don't get any sleep. So we have been trying the swing last resort and it works. Ironically, my girls have not been very fond of the swing.

We are still trying to get settled into our house. We have a lot to hang up on the walls but in due time. Our house is big.We like the space but it really is more than we need. Thankfully it is just a rental.

The girls are growing up so fast. Ellie is so active and pushing herself up as you can see in the picture below, holding her head up high. My days of putting her on the floor and staying put are numbered, she is going to be crawling very soon. Lindley Kate is quite content to lay around, I wish she was a little more active but in her own time. My girls STILL spit up a TON! To say that it is frustrating is an understatement.I envy anyone whose babies do not spit up! It doesn't matter what we do and it is just plain gross. I wear it, they wear it, William wears it, our furniture and floors wear it, anyone who holds them inevitably will wear it, they barf on the floors of any store, at the doctor etc.....it is a pain! I am so tired of cleaning it up. If I put LK down I usually come back to find it all in her ear, and all over her head .It is also collecting in the skin folds on her neck. It is always really red and irritated and she doesn't willingly let us clean it up. She typically gets 2 good wipe downs a day and then of course she stinks until she gets a bath. I can't wait for this to end!

We introduced rice cereal to the girls. Our pediatrician recommended waiting until 6 months. We decided we are close enough. They weren't crazy about it at first and man it is messy but each day is getting better. I was hoping thicker food would help with the spit up but not so much!


My mom is heading into town this weekend and we will be heading to Houston, TX for Lucia's wedding next weekend. We are really looking forward to the trip and the fun memories to be made!

Here you go Leesel, wearing the cute bibs you gave them!



I think I caught the drool mid fall in this picture...Ellie is teething like crazy. No teeth yet but she is definitely working on it. She loves to grab my finger and jam it in her mouth and just bite down. Poor thing...pearly whites are great and necessary I just wish it didn't have to hurt so much.
hanging out in our bed and having too much fun :)



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Simply adorable. Love those sweet babies!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

SO cute!! Glad that things are going well. Love your updates! :)

Hilary said...

Oh kerry!!
Those two girlies are getting so big!! Sorry about all the spit-up..I can only imagine how gross that is...glad that you are getting settled into your new house. hang in there! have a great weekend

T. Armstrong said...

They are adorable! I feel your pain (or felt) with the spitting...it was disgusting, and I felt like the house even smelled of the puke. I had bath towels stashed in every room ready to go...can't imagine it times two though! :) Glad you guys are settling in! :)

B-Mama said...

Kerry, you are the woman! To have your lives uprooted, with twins, and then to come back and be on schedule? Awesome job!! I will say that being on a schedule is the only way I achieve sanity, so I hope it's helping for you too! :)

The girls are just beautiful--from the pics you'd never know they were little barfing machines. :) Mom must do a good job cleaning them up! And from what I've heard, the barfing is usually a lot better by 9 mos. or so... Hang in there. Prayers and good luck!!

Jen said...

I can't believe how big those girls have gotten since I saw them last. I am hoping they simultaneously stop spitting up AND waking up in the night. We can hope, right?