Lindley Kate:
16 1/2 pounds 65th%
27.5 inches 100th%
Ellie:
15 pounds 4 oz 30th%
27 inches 90th%
We have some tall girls! They have become so much fun lately,interacting with us more and more. Some fun facts about them.
Ellie:
Extremely active, rolling everywhere, including off my bed ( felt like the worst mother in the world). She is talkative mostly babble but today she sounded out the word "no" perfectly! Oh brother. She grabs at everything,especially my hair. Loves it when Daddy blows on her belly. She inhales really loudly with the biggest grin. She loves rice cereal and we have slowly been introducing foods, sweet potatoes are a favorite as of yet. While I am feeding her she is constantly humming letting me know she wants more. She loves to put everything in her mouth, particularly her feet. Unfortunately we found out today she has excema which is a bummer but I am glad we will be getting her some relief since she has been very itchy.
Lindley Kate:
She is so incredibly laid back. She is not very active and is perfectly content to lay on her back, grab at a few toys and smile. She also loves to hold her arm up in the air, we always joke she is working on her beauty wave. I try to get her to do tummy time but she does not like it and will roll back on to her back. I can destract her from thinking about the fact she is on her tummy if I turn the tv on... so occasionally I try this, I know I am terrible! She is purposely grabbing at everything these days. Constantly pulling her pacifier in and out of her mouth, turning it around and teething on it...uses her bubby or lovey (it is a super soft security item by Angel Dear) at night to sooth herself to sleep. Lindley Kate is extremely talkative, babbles continuously at times. She has been heard saying "MMMMMAAAMMMA" and "MMMMMOMMY" but her DADDY doesn't appreciate it! Of course I know she has no idea what she is saying but she says it!
Both the girls are thriving and developing beautifully. They are so much fun, so much work and the loves of our lives. They truly bring us tremendous joy. I still can't believe they are 6 months old!
Ellie


I love my feet
Lindley Kate
The look I got right after I tried to distract her from grabbing the "6 months paper"...oh brother, I can see the eye rolling already
Letting her have it
Loving the paper

I took it away, poor baby
Not in the greatest mood for a photoshoot
Woo, if only you could have heard this scream
Distracted...finally
Sweet girls
G.G. is very entertaining
Lastly, G.G. (my mom) left today to head back to Virginia. Boy do we love having her around. My house is always cleaner than it was when she arrived. I have a freezer stocked full of home cooked meals, my laundry is done,the girls have new clothes, and she helps me with everything beause she understands how demanding and difficult my job is right now. She gets up in the morning to help me feed and she often beats me to the crib during middle of the night cries. Traveling is so difficult with two little ones but getting reaclimated after traveling is even harder bc we're all tired. She helps me get everything back in order and because of all she does I am able to catch up on some sleep. She makes my job easier while she is here and I get a much needed break. My girls love her dearly bc they know a good woman when they see one and they know she takes great care of them. Because I don't say it nearly enough, I love you Mom. I appreciate all you do for me and for all of us. Come back, we love having you around! We can't wait to see you again.




6 comments:
Oh!! So glad to hear they are progressing so beautifully. You can tell they have so much personality from the pics--love 'em!! They are adorable! And don't beat yourself up too much about Ellie rolling off the bed. Both boys have taken the plunge once and scared their mother so!! It is the worst feeling afterward, but thank goodness all has been well... So glad you had your mother there for help. Sounds like you all are settling in well! Hugs!
Sweet baby girls!! getting so big...time had flown...
YAY! 6 months old. Where did the time go? They are simply gorgeous and I love hearing how healthy they are. I'm so sorry we weren't able to link up in Houston. I'm dying to meet the girls!
What great pics of the girls - how did they grow up that fast? If G.G. ever wants to swing out to the west coast, she's ALWAYS welcome here!
Kerry - what a wonderful tribute to your mother - so heartfelt - I had tears in my eyes. Your girls are absolutely gorgeous and like Jessica, I can't wait to meet them!
Your girls are doing great! My boys are still in the 5th % on weight.
Ok so I have a question about Ellie I think. How did you know she couldn't tolerate your bm? Ian is having a really hard time (colic) and a gi doc said to cut out all dairy from my diet. My boys both had eczema so the doc thought there was some correlation. Just wondering since I read Ellie also now has eczema.
Anyway hope it is getting better. 6 months is a great age!
Post a Comment