Monday, July 14, 2008

walk on the beach

Not too much to report from our end. We've had a fairly uneventful weekend. William's squadron had a change of command on Thursday and they were given Friday off. We spent most of our weekend, trying to catch up on sleep and of course taking care of the girls which is a never ending task :)Ellie has had some major tummy/sleeping issues. I spent Saturday night on the couch with her asleep on my chest. I have been supplementing with formula usually one feeding/day if I haven't had a chance to pump before they get hungry. I usually give the formula at night because the proteins are larger and more difficult to breakdown so they feel full and usually sleep longer. Well that backfired on me BIG time. Ellie is not handling plain similac advance. She screamed out in pain for hours and was virtually inconsolable. It was exhausting, frustrating and plain hard! Lindley Kate does not have the same issue with it thankfully. She is virtually sleeping through the night but many nights after Ellie eats, I go ahead and wake her up because I know she will be waking in about an hour or so. Allowing myself to fall back asleep and then have her wake up an hour later nearly kills me! So I switched formulas, trying out "Enfamil Gentle Ease" which has partially broken down proteins. I gave it to her last night and she (knock on wood) did great with it last night. Ellie is also my light sleeper however the instant I turn on the hairdryer while I am getting ready she falls asleep. So last night we turned on a fan on high but turned it away from them. They both instantly fell asleep without needing to be consoled or the pacifier put back in their mouths fifty times. It was awesome. We also purchased a video monitor which is now one of my favorite baby items. William and I sat out in the living room and we were able to see what was going on with the two of them without having to walk back in there to check on them. We usually have to intervene when one starts making noise or stirring a lot bc it wakes the other one up and then of course we are back at square one...ugg!

We took the girls to Del Mar Beach for an evening walk on Saturday.The temperature was perfect, we got a little hot since we wrapped them up in the moby wrap but it was so plesant. We had to put their feet in the water so we could tell them they have been in the Pacific Ocean. We don't know if we'll ever be living back in San Diego again so they'll have the pictures to prove it until we make our way out here for a vacation again one day. We got stopped alot on our walk, lots of stares etc...I still can't get over how fascinated people are with twins/multiples.People always ask a lot of questions, however one woman who was admiring us put the girls feet in the water asked if we wanted a family picture. We were much obliged! Blessings to you for a great week.



















Photobucket

5 comments:

B-Mama said...

Sounds like you all are getting to really know your girls--great job!! And hopefully that ends up equating to more sleep for the two of you!! If the girls end up really liking the white noise and you don't want the energy expenditure of a fan, check out Brookstone's noise machine. We have the "waterfall" (virtually white noise) on for the boys to help block out household noise. It is essential!! The pics are great and you all look wonderful... Blessings!

Jessica said...

Oh what wonderful pictures! I love how you took them to the beach. They will have such fun seeing those photos when they are older. We are huge fans of the white noise. Both my kiddos fall asleep to humidifiers and music. I'm heading back to TX this week...I'll try to give you a call on my way....

Jonna said...

Love love love that your hubby is wearing a PINK moby wrap! Great pics!

S, J, B, & S said...

They are so precious and are growing so fast!! And of course I love all of their smocking! :) Sweet!

Jen said...

Love those pics! You guys look so great together - so happy! I hope Ellie's stomach gets better - poor thing. Liam had a white noise machine to sleep with until he was about 9 months old. It actually made me sleep better!