William and I had a wonderful day today and we even escaped for a couple of hours to enjoy a nice anniversary lunch. My friends
Jen and Jessica came over with their sweet boys and watched our girls for us. Thank you so much ladies; it meant so much to us that you offered to do this for us. It is a bittersweet week for us because Jessica and her family are moving to North Carolina where they will be stationed. We have grown close to her, Mike and baby Luke(well not much of a baby anymore since he turned 1). We will really miss them. The countdown is also on for our move...we will be heading out of San Diego the end of August. Let me tell you how excited I am to be moving across the country with infant twins, oh joy! We are going to have lots of help though so I can't complain too much ;) While William and I were at lunch today at Jake's in Del Mar right on the beach with an amazing view of the ocean, we sat and reminisced about our time here in San Diego. We are really looking forward to being back in the south and within driving distance of our family BUT we have grown to love this city and we will really miss it. It is a great city and the only home we (William and I) have known together. We have made some great memories here and made some wonderful friends who are close to us like family. Being in the military does that to you! However, leaving San Diego is a refreshing feeling because it means for the next 3 years(if William stays in the military) we will not be separated by a deployment. In our three years of marriage we have now spent more time apart than we have together. We are looking forward to spending time as a family and not preparing for the next phase of separation. We will get to watch our girls grow together and that just warms my heart!
Our waitress brought us a huge piece of ice cream cake in honor of our anniversary. Small coincidence, it was also her 3rd wedding anniversary today as well.
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! xoxo
Happy Anniversary! :) It sounds as though it was a beautiful lunch for the two of you to share together...and what beautiful girls you have to show off! :) I can't believe how big they look in those pictures! Such cuties! :)
i love all the sweetness in pink! makes me want a baby!
We had so much fun with those girls and our boys. We were lucky and they both slept like angels - Maybe we were boring! :) That pic of LKB in her towel is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. It makes me so happy that those girls are in this world. P.S. What move? I'm hiding all your stuff so you guys can't leave!!
The girls are so precious! Dave and I want to send gifts to the girls. What could they use most. Thanks for posting the photos!
Post a Comment