Monday, March 31, 2008

Hanging in There

Hanging in there... that is what I am doing. I got my massage last Friday and it was heaven. It was definitely worth every penny, I just wished it could have lasted longer! As I am counting down the days I think back to past deployments and like every other good wife, I shopped to pass the time... had to find a "homecoming outfit", really just something cute to wear. There is something surreal about homecomings and as exciting as they are, they feel a little akward...here is someone that I love dearly, have missed terribly,we know each other best and yet I haven't seen him for 7 months and he feels somewhat like a stranger. It doesn't last long but the butterflies you get when you first really like someone and all the things you think about...like do I have something in my teeth, make sure my nose is clean, will he like my outfit and think I look cute... even though he is my husband it still crosses my mind... I know I am not alone out here, whether any of my other fellow military wives have said it, I am sure they felt it. Well anyways, I digress. I have always been on the "go." Out and about, doing anything to keep from sitting at home especially the week before my hubby comes home. Time moves very slow and I am like a kid waiting for xmas morning. But now it is just different.

Time isn't the only thing moving slow, I AM TOO! My days of being the "go go girl" are well, equating to one outing wishing I was still at home laying down. For one... I am having a lot of contractions, they kind of take my breath away and then the pain I feel in my back and front side holding up my belly is unbelievable. Several people have mentioned getting one of these... I guess I could but I don't know anyone who has worn one... so do they really work? This one makes me laugh... not to insult anyone who has ever worn one, it just doesn't look that comfortable. Correct me if I am wrong. I draw the line here. It may work but really, I don't need anything else to add to my back side and this seems to be something that would only help accentuate it. I don't need help in that department... never have and never will. Not to mention I am really retaining fluid and my feet are swollen. Going out only exacerbates the issue and I hate that my feet look puffy, like the marshmallow man, who's feet are these, bc they don't look like mine? Yesterday I went out for a little while. I had to return some pajamas I ordered at Old Navy and then I thought I would make a trip to Target to see if they had any cute maternity tops. I am over maternity clothes. I don't want to spend any more money on them and I am just tired of them. At a time when I would be thinking about a cute outfit, I am praying I have a shirt that will cover my belly when he comes home. Target is hit or miss for me,usually it is a miss and yesterday was no different. One thing about San Diego... we are in much need of cute maternity stores and baby stores,that is another post! So I went home empty handed and thinking I should really wait until the weekend just in case my belly grows a little more before I buy anything. I know ultimately William will be thrilled to see me but let's be honest... I don't look like myself and no matter how many pictures he sees, he has not been around for the progression so he'll take one look at me and think "oh my!" Let's hope he is smart and ultra sensitive and will not say what he is really thinking. I will give him some credit, it has to be shocking and it probably will be, not to mention akward... how on earth are we going to hug? Yes my friends that has crossed my mind. Oh well, I know it will all work out and just as he gets used to seeing me pregnant, it will come to an end, Woohoo! So this week, I am praying for patience and contentment. Patience as I wait for William to come home. Contentment with the fact that I am at the point in my pregnancy where my stamina is not what it used to be and to embrace this time of rest my body is needing when sadly I admit, I like to consume my time with busyness at this season in the deployment.

Please pray for William's safety as he returns and for the continued health of my girls. I am 33 weeks now and looking forward to the end when I can hold 2 healthy baby girls in my arms.

15 comments:

Catherine McPherson said...

My prayers are with you. You have been amazing this whole deployment and with carrying twins! I pray for a peace of mind as the end nears with both!!

Jennifer said...

Hang in there Kerry! My feet were so swollen I wore support hose...I have to tell you...the were the bomb! I felt like a new woman when I wore them...they are a complete pain to put on...the large belly hinders the process!

Hang in there! You are super-mom!

A.K. said...

He'll be home soon! hooray! you know he's still going to think you are the most gorgeous girl ever! can't wait to see a picture of the family of four soon!

Jessica said...

So excited to hear William's coming home! Sorry I had to get off the phone so quickly. Little Dude was ready to eat and go night night.

B-Mama said...

We wait with you in anticipation! I will second the advice for support hoes--my sister with twin pregnancy was totally reliant on them, especially by the end! Prayers and blessings as you wait... And while you're feeling nervous/fidgety about the reunion, you know that after a good 24 hours together, it will seem like you've never been gone. Just soak each other in... It will be perfect! :) Hugs!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I feel your pain! I tried to wear one of those support belts around my belly (not those last 2 crazy ones!) I did not like it at all. It was really uncomfortable to me when I sat down-maybe it was b/c one of mine was sitting so low in my tummy! Who knows! The last two weeks of my pregnancy I was walking around like an old woman all bent over b/c I was in pain. So I KNOW how you're feeling. Hang in there-you don't have too much longer and you will have TWO precious babies to hold! So glad you're husband is coming home and will be there for the delivery!

Lucia said...

hang in there sis! you're doing wonderful...love you.

Jen said...

Ok... I admit it - I always shop for a new homecoming outfit too! William will be overjoyed to see your beautiful belly this time. I am counting down the days for you!

mindi said...

Hi! I just found your blog - my hubby is in Iraq right now too. We have three little ones (5,4, 15 months). Congrats on the upcoming homecoming and the twin girls - you must be so thrilled!!
Hang in there, the last part of pregnancies are the toughest :)

Laura said...

I remember wondering what I was going to wear for Josh's homecoming. I looked cute under the heavy coat I had to wear. Point is-- he will not care becuase he will be so excited to see you and how your little babies have grown. Keep us in the blog world informed.

Jennie C. said...

God bless you, Kerry! I'm glad to meet you, and I hope your pregnancy and your deployment have lovely, happy endings.

Meredith said...

I wore the support belt...it helped a little- but then I went to the chiropracter....and that helped the most! It was awesome! I hope you can hang in there! I can't wait to see reunion pictures!

Hilary said...

Hang in there Mommy!!

You have done such an awesome job carrying those two sweet girls!! it's a hard job. We are praying for you and your husband. Have a great week.

Jonna said...

I had to start laughing when I saw what b-mama wrote about support "hoes". I don't know her and I know she just spelled the word wrong, but it really made my day!!

On another note-I have the most amazing support belt that a co-worker made me. It just supports under my belly and hips, and it's amazing. I bet your husband would like it though if you greeted him wearing only the prenatal cradle plus!! Haha!!

Liz said...

Hi Kerry!

I don't know you, but I linked to your blog from a comment you left somewhere else, and we are so excited for you!

My husband is a Captain in the Marine Corps, too, and we just moved from Camp Pendleton a couple of months ago - we miss it so much! Congratulations on all of your upcoming arrivals - I can't imagine how excited you are.

During my first pregnancy, I did find some stuff at the Big Mama Target in Mission Valley...good luck and take care!

-Liz