On another note... my shingles are healing and pretty much gone...they are scabbed over and it looks like I am getting over some acne :) Thankfully I never felt bad... I am so grateful to the doctor who diagnosed me correctly early on so I had time to get the meds on board before it got bad. The girls are in their 27th week and are extremely active. I FEEL really big and I am pretty uncomfortable. (I state the word FEEL bc everywhere I go people can't believe I am pregnant with twins and they always tell me I look so small) I get it to a point, I may not look that big but for me I am big, and well I won't share how much weight I have already gained :) and I still potentially have 9 weeks left in this pregnancy if all goes well. Ellie is really on one side of my stomach and so it feels really heavy when I lay on my side. I got a wedge pillow to hold up the belly and it has made a huge difference while I am sleeping. I have been contracting quite a bit... I went to the hospital on Sunday night just to make sure that the contractions weren't causing any cervical change. Thankfully, they weren't and so we'll just keep checking to make sure all is well.
William is doing fantastic. Al Asad has been bombarded with horrible sandstorms lately.He has really complained about the air quality and all the dust he is breathing in these days. Man, I really pray in the years to come he won't have health problems due to things he is exposed to over there! We are getting so much closer to the end, I am counting down the days. Below are a few pics of the baby bedding work in progress and one of my mom and I are on her birthday.






6 comments:
my mom is the same way with sewing/quilting/etc and i'm bound and determined to figure it out so my kids can one day have cute clothes- but it takes sooo much time!
How great that your mom sews! I tell you, our mothers' generation is so crafty! GG's mom makes the kids' Halloween costumes each year and they are stupendous! The girls' stuff already looks so cute. Love the pink stripes.
Also, feel good about people's comments regarding your size with twins. I have a friend who has people ask if she's carrying twins when she's really just carrying a large single baby! Imagine the horror?! :) You look fabulous and will be back down to size in no time. My sister gained over 60lbs with her twin boys and was back down to her size 2 in 3 months! It was amazing!! I think she was so busy she didn't have time to eat and think of herself! lol. You'll get back in no time!
Hey Kerry! I am really enjoying reading your blog, it's so nice to be able to keep up with your pregnancy and everything else, like William and how he is doing. I will keep the 4 of you in my prayers. Safe delivery of the girls and William to you!
Love,
Denise
Isn't it wonderful to have a mom that sews? I have loved all the clothes and window treatments my mom has made. I have a sewing maching but not the patience to learn how to use it. Maybe some day.
You are sooooo tiny, yet I know you must hate the feeling of being bigger than normal. The relief you'll feel once those babies arrive will be amazing. I gained 45-50lbs with both kiddos and it was so difficult during those last few weeks. Hang in there! I can't imagine carrying two babies - you are amazing! Those babies are blessed to have you as their mom.
Hey- My mom and mother in law's birthdays are a day apart too! My mom just hung the curtains that she made for Payton's room today- They look a lot like your stuff! I will have to post a pic of them!
Are you making the bedding? I am so impressed. Wish I had a talent like that. It looks great.
Post a Comment