Wednesday, February 27, 2008

28 weeks

I can't believe we have come this far, but as of Monday we made it to 28 weeks which is a huge milestone from my perspective as a nurse but it also marks the beginning of the third trimester... we are on the home stretch! I had an appointment yesterday and a growth scan. They are developing beautifully. As you can see from the pictures below the girls are both head down and bumping heads. Too cute :) The rough estimate yesterday as far as weights go for the girls... Lindley Kate is 2lbs 110z and Ellie is 2lbs 8oz. So I now have over 5 pounds of baby inside of me! Everything looks great on my end... no cervical change, no signs of preeclampsia, and no gestational diabetes (due to being pregnant with twins I am at a higher risk for all of these!).

My mom is still here...continuing to work on all the bedding! It is coming together and is absolutely precious! I will post pics once it is all done. She is leaving in a week and she is taking Maggie with her. Maggie's exercise demands are exceeding my abilities. I am contracting everytime I walk her and she likes to walk a long ways... 3-4 miles a day is far more than I can handle these days. I am so sad to see her go but it is the best thing for the both of us for now. I have been doing lots of laundry... washing all of the girls' clothes, blankets... EVERYTHING! It was a lot of work but the drawers are organized and the clothes are hung!

We are also on the home stretch as far as William's return date... he and the girls are neck and neck... keep praying he beats them home! Thanks for the prayers and many blessings to all of you!


Sisterly love... or one crammed uterus :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I just love reading updates on you and the girls (and William). The pregnancy seems to be going by so fast. I hope and pray W is home before the girls arrive!

Krissy said...

Way to go on making it to the 28 week mark! Grow little girls, grow!!!

By the way, a bunch of us twin moms have started a new website: http://howdoyoudoit.wordpress.com/
Lots of good stuff on there for moms to be!

B-Mama said...

Wonderful news on your and the girls' health! Blessings!