Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ch ch ch changes

So much going on in a week. My Mom and Jim came and worked hard every day. We got a lot accompolised but it was a lot of work. The nusery is still a work in progress though so I will post pics eventually. My mom is making the bedding so we don't have any of it yet. Since we live in San Diego, we own a cozy 2 bedroom condo. Finding a place and consolidating all of our stuff to make room for the 4 extra feet coming our way was not an easy process. I took Mom and Jim to the airport this morning and was on the phone with William on my way home. As soon as I got home, I went to the restroom and saw that I was bleeding. Thankfully I was on the phone with William so he knew what was going on with me when I found it. I was having mild cramping and my doctor, whom I was supposed to see at 10 am this morning sent me on to L&D to be monitored. I was able to catch my mom as she was boarding the plane and she was able to get off the flight and take a taxi to the hospital and meet me there. The bleeding was mild and subsided very fast however I was having "uterine irritability" and my cervix had shorten from 4.3 to 2.3. in 3 weeks. So I got a ticket for some bedrest and some medication for the irritability. I go back on the 29th to see the Dr. unless I have any new symptoms. I am hoping that when I go back there will either be improvement or no change. I am not ready to meet my girls just yet. I am now 23 weeks but we still have a ways to go. So my mom is still here and now has dog and daughther duty... oh joy for her! I feel positive about it all... I just know I need to take it easy. I am glad I quit my job after all bc I might have been put on bedrest much sooner. I have had a few "I'm bored" phases and wished at times I was still working but in the end I think we made the right decision. Now, that I am on bedrest I for sure am going to be bored but whatever it takes to keep the girls inside. Prayers for my body to sustain this pregnancy would be greatly appreciated. Attached below are a few pics of me at 23 weeks. I ask Maggie where the babies are and as you can see she licks my belly... she knows there are babies inside...no doubt. She is perceptive to their movements and when she is laying next to me and my belly moves she immediately sniffs and tries to lick my belly. It is pretty darn funny. I hope she has nothing but kisses for them when they're born :)







7 comments:

Ruby said...

I will sa a special pray for you. St Gerard Majella, patron saint of expectant mom's please intercede for his special lady to Our Lord Jesus, for her health and the of her girls.
God Bless you always.

A.K. said...

Sending up prayers for you and the little ones! Glad you were able to be on the phone with William so ou didn't have to go through it alone and thank goodness for mommas!!! Rest up- we want to see pictures of those cute babies, but not this soon!

Laura said...

I will be praying for you to keep the babies in there for along time.
Keep us up to date

Lucia said...

Kerry!!!

You look amazing! Pretty in pink.

Love!

Krissy said...

Really hoping that all is good on the 29th...hopefully those little girls will stay tucked inside for quite some time. Three cheers for your mom!

Jessica said...

WOW, that's scary. I'm glad William was on the phone with you and that your mom is there. I will be praying that those precious girls stay in there for much longer. You look fabulous, by the way!!!!

Meredith said...

oh goodness! I am so glad your mom could stay! Stay off your feet! I will be praying for you too- and for your contentment on the couch! BTW- new post for me- you should check it out in your boredom!