What do beer koozies, duct tape, rope and a frustrated father have to do with my babies? Yesterday morning William got up with the girls and was planning on letting me catch a few more minutes of sleep. I woke up to LK crying "MMMama" repeatedly (her word for saying she is HUNGRY and FEED ME NOW) and the sound of William opening the back door and using duct tape. Hearing these sounds instantly had me intrigued so I crawled out of bed to see what was going on. I walk in and Lindley Kate and Ellie had been eating something but I wasn't sure what it was and I walk out to find William taping rope to a beer koozie. He informs me he has had it with the girls throwing their milk on the floor so he was going to come up with a way that they could no longer do it. Well my friends, what you get below is a dad's inventions that make my girls look like redneck babies.



We're still working on his invention bc the koozies get dirty and sticky, not to mention, I am not a fan of my girls using beer koozies. The rope is too thick and they have succesfully untied the knots a few time but I give him an "A" for effort. He plans to come up with a better way to keep the bottles from getting tossed overboard. He gets an "F" for breakfast selection as he informed me the girls were eating Nilla wafers. We proceeded to have a deep "discussion" as to whether they were a cookie/treat or a simple cracker. He happens to think they are not a sweet but I beg to differ. Needless to say we had a good laugh about the whole situation.

Sweet smile

Lindley Kate taking steps. She has started walking a lot the past few days so I think in a couple of days we will have a full fledged walker...she has a busy sister to keep up with.

LK loves to put things on her head and balance them...the tv remote was a little difficult

Ellie is mastering the skill of getting up and walking around with full hands...today we have the fridge farm that never stays on the fridge.

These girls are trouble :)

LK sporting pajamas on her head

Ellie swiping them away

Ellie running to get away from LK who was not happy her pjs were stolen

LK saying "Oh"
9 comments:
SOOOOO CUTE!!!!
what is it about guys in the military and duct tape- i swear- they must all take a class. Scott swears that duct tape fixes all!
Must be a Marine! Your girls are so precious and I enjoy peeking in on them. The pic of LK looking at her reflection should be entered in a contest! God Bless you all!
Mary Ann (friend of Jessica's and Marine Mom)
So Cute! William should patent his new invention - I wish I had one when Liam was going through that phase :) Neil's going to get a big kick out of these pics. BTW - love the outfits! I miss those girls so much :(
I love it!! I may have to try out the koozie/tape idea on Owen...
William is cracking me up with the duct tape...I'll have to show this to Morgan.
This is too funny! What a creative hubby you have on your hands!
I also can't believe how big they've gotten since Christmas! They're so beautiful!!!
hope all is well,
Carley
That was too funny! I am glad to be back viewing the blog, the girls have grown so much...I sent you an invite to ours...warning I tend to ramble:)
I love Nilla Wafers and milk, although I agree with you...it's not a breakfast food. Although my 3.5 yr old frequently eats Goldfish, pretzels, and or fruit snacks for breakfast most days :)
I LOVE their outfits! Where do you get this stuff??
Post a Comment