We had a fun and somewhat relaxing weekend. Starting on Thursday night and on Friday night we experienced our worst thunderstorm in Florida yet. I am sure there are many more to come but I hope not too many! Thunderstorms are few and far between in San Diego. I typically don't mind thunderstorms but when tornado watches and warnings are accompanied, I am not a fan. I think I slept about 2 hours total on Thursday night, getting up to watch the news and make sure there wasn't any tornado warnings. They don't have any sirens to warn you, so the only way we know what is going on is to watch the news. Friday night was pretty much the same, only we did get a tornado warning about 2 am. I have never seen lightening like that...we got the girls and hunkered down in the bathroom. The hail storm came through and I was terrified that a tornado was going to touch down very close to us. Thankfully it hit north of us. I was worried and William said I was a little over the top...perhaps...BUT I have two babies to grab and protect.
Saturday, William and I had a date night. We swap babysitting duties every other month with another couple so we can have a night out and monetarily speaking, free babysitting. We headed down to Pensacola to the Fish House and celebrated William's birthday a little late. It was yummy and so wonderful to get out. We opted for no dessert bc we were full but our waiter brought us Tiramusu in a to go box. We opened it in the car and ate the whole thing with our fingers. Yeah, it was that good and I guess we weren't that full. The night was clear, the storms had passed, and I finally slept peacefully! We took the girls to church today and we had a late afternoon trip to Target. All in all, a fun weekend...with two little babies around, there is never a shortage of fun!


Every time we put Lindley Kate on her feet she bounces up and down and laughs. I don't think she'll be walking any time soon :)

Sweet little Ellie
3 comments:
Kerry, FL blessings to you all, as we're now back in VA! One of these times we'll catch each other!! The girls are getting SO big and are adorable, as always. Both girls are such beauties. They look like non-stop fun. Hugs to you all!!
Yikes! Glad you didn't have a tornado too close to you. What a scary night! Girls look so happy and gorgeous - I miss them so much! BTW you're looking great too.
I'm so glad you guys were able to have a date night! That is awesome!
Post a Comment