We switched Ellie to formula,the liquid gold kind...woohoo. It is a major pain in the pocketbook and super stinky, man that stuff stinks. I don't even want to imagine what it tastes like. Anyways our pediatrician gave me samples of both Nutramigen and Alimentum...same thing just different brands. I started with Nutramigen bc it was the powder form and the other was liquid. She sucked down the Nutramigen the first night, poor thing she was starving. A couple of feedings later, her taste buds caught up with her. I gave her one ounce, went to put the bottle back in and she started gagging and barfed up what I had already given her! I could not get her to take it again. I tried but she was not having it. The next feeding I gave her the Alimentum and so far she seems to like it alright and she is finally taking 5-6 oz at a time. We will reassess with our pedi in two weeks. So far it is too early, we have still had rough nights and she is still crying a lot but at least she is eating. It makes me sad she isn't tolerating my BM...I wish she could get the added benefit of my immunity, plus I have a lot of milk and its free! Oh well...such is life. For now,when she is fussy, we just love on her and bring her to bed with us...she does sleep on me and for now if I can get some sleep than it is worth it. I don't have the energy to keep putting her back in her bed, only to be woken up 30 minutes later. At this point I just need some shuteye! I am not worried about getting her back in her bed bc she goes down in her own bed fine,she just wakes up a lot. I get extra cuddle time with her anyways and she is super loveable with her sweet sighs and coos. She is such a doll baby.
On to other things... the dietician came out to our house yesterday...California has a grant for a Welcome Home Baby program for all first time moms. The money comes from tax dollars from tobacco products. So we have had a nurse come out and yesterday the dietician came out. She weighs the babies, goes over eating schedules, amounts and then gives you information about food for babies,when and what to introduce etc...Ellie was 10lbs 14 oz at the doctor, so she is thriving and gaining weight, however Lindley Kate was 11lbs 8 oz. So in 29 days the child gain 2lbs 5 oz. Pretty impressive...we knew she had gained quite a bit. The girls are very interactive now. We read to them and they are interested, looking at the pictures etc...the latest is that they have started to notice each other. I lay them down on the play mat and they look at each other, coo and smile back and forth. It is rather sweet to watch. I wonder if they'll have their own language or the twinspeak. Time will tell.. I just pray they get along for the most part. They are both reaching out and grabbing toys, daddy's nose, pulling my hair,and chewing on their hands. They both stick their tongues out a lot and copy us when we do it.
Ok... off to bed! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.


3 comments:
Poor Ellie! It;s a horrible feeling not to be able to make your baby feel better..hang in there mommy!!! Did you guys feel the earthquake? I thought about you when they said where it hit...have a good weekend and I will keep Ellie in my prayers! Poor sweet baby!
I am so sorry to hear your troubles. Both of my kids took Zantac because they had acid reflux. My nephew had TERRIBLE acid reflux and was on the aliumentum (and it's dang expensive!) but they are all well now. I hope you she feels better and you get some sleep. I remember those days like yesterday. Bless your heart.
Glad you all are getting to the bottom of Ellie's feeding issues! I will pray for continued success and more sleep for mama!! Hugs!
Post a Comment