Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sickness

William is sick, has been since last Thursday and he felt bad enough to stay home from work yesterday. He has a head cold,aching,sneezy crud...thankfully I haven't gotten it yet...needless to say though when one of us is down life in the Boulware house is no good! I have been doing this virtually alone and have not gotten more than a 2 hour span of sleep at one time. At any rate, I need my teammate back for sanity's sake. I think we must have said 100 times over the past few days "I wish we lived closer to family." The good news is we are surviving and while my house is gross, the laundry is piled high and there are burp cloths everywhere (have I mentioned the amount of spit up that occurs in this house?), and skittles are the substance of my diet (kidding... but a few in the mouth will give you a boost and according to William they soothe a sore throat, I know super healthy!) the girls are doing great. I keep telling myself they will eventually sleep through the night, they will eventually get to a point where they are more interactive and toys, swings, play mats will capture their attention and I can put them down more. Right now they just want to be held so we do a lot of laying around, baby wearing, and cat napping.

On another positive note,Leelee, William's mom will be in town next week for 10 days, yahoo! Another body with 2 arms in the house! We are really looking forward to having her. It is funny, I look back on the discussions William and I had about company and how much we wanted and we UNDERESTIMATED big time. We thought after 6 weeks of help we would be fine and would prefer to be on our own. To some extent it is true, we live in a pretty small place and our company sleeps in the living room so it can be a pain for everyone but looking back I would have had my help lined up better, one person out the next one in...so if you're having twins, the more help the better! Ok,my pumping session is over which equates to computer time is over. I haven't taken any pictures lately bc I can't find the time to pick up the camera except of course when they are sleeping but I will get some on asap!




Photobucket

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your new blog! Very pretty! The girls are just getting so big and they are so precious. I hope William gets better soon.

B-Mama said...

Beautiful new space, Kerry!! Gosh, I wish I lived closer just to pop over on a morning or afternoon to help out. I can't imagine what you're going through right now... Praise God your MIL is coming into town next week!!

I know with my twin nephews, my sister always had one in some sort of contraption--bouncy seat with vibration, floor mat, swing, etc. while she held the other one. Tough! I can also recall a time when I caught her in the car on the way home from an errand. Her comment was, "Andrew is winning the 'cry contest', so he's going to have to take a bath first." Too funny! :) God bless mothers of twins!

Prayers!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Love your new blog look! Girl-I know how you feel! It is hard work..worth it of course...but hard, especially by yourself. I hope William gets better soon! :)

Ashley

Krissy said...

I think I have the same crud as your husband...it is hard to be sick and take care of babies. When mine were as young as yours, it was very easy to feel resentment toward my husband if he got rest and I didn't, even if he was sick! There were many night when I was pumping at 2 and 5am, when I fantisized about getting so sick that I would need to be hospitalized because then I could at least SLEEP!

Any chance you could hire a teenager to come over and hold a baby or fold laundry? I have a 13 year old mother's help who comes over a few hours a week, and it is a nice break for me. She has lots of energy and enthusiasm, and it really helps when I am running on Empty. The last day of school in our area is tomorrow, and I am so excited that she will be able to come over earlier!

Hang in there!

Jessica said...

Sending you HUGE hugs right now!!!!!!!

A.K. said...

hang in there!!! We're thinking about you and praying that you'll get some rest- sounds like you are still doing an amazing job even with just you!

Suzanne said...

i agree about the more help the better! hahah--Lord knows WE needed it! to answer your question: YES! we LOVED our video monitor and would recommend it to anyone! we have two actually, both "summer" i think was the brand? one was a big video screen that looked like a tiny TV, and the other was a cordless handheld monitor (for when we would go outside or work around the house) i was able to see savannah very well on the big video screen! email if you have any other questions--would love to help in any way! suzsteece@hotmail.com

Meredith said...

pumping is a great time to blog! you have already mastered the task of multitasking! way to go! i hope william feels better soon!

Suzanne said...

oh, and by the way...the girls are absolutely GORGEOUS! holy cow! loved going back and looking at the pics...congrats!!!