Ellie
getting some chubby cheeks and a double chin :)
I really can't believe my girls are 4 weeks old today. Time is going by super fast. The girls are little piglets... we didn't go to the doctor this week but I know they have both gained weight and are well over 6lbs now. They are eating a lot more,especially Ellie, she out eats Lindley Kate. William went back to work on Wednesday. It has definitely been harder. Thankfully my mom is here and she is helping me with one of the night feedings. It is exhausting and very time consuming taking care of two babies. We are very sleep deprived... the other night, the girls were stirring and William and I were both sleeping but kind of in and out since they were stirring. William woke me up and said "Kerry are you ever going to wake up and take this baby out of my arms?" I wake up, look over and he is half asleep holding the blankets in his hands but no baby. Both were sleeping peacefully next to us in the co-sleeper. It was pretty funny once he realized what he was doing. At least we can laugh about it. This stage won't last forever, they will eventually sleep for longer periods and we can get some continuous sleep. We are both trying to take it in stride and enjoy this time regardless of how difficult it seems. Mom is heading home on Tuesday and my dad is coming in that night. Maggie is doing surprisingly well with the babies. We don't let her get too close but a couple of times she caught us off guard and we have caught her in the act...she is quite the sneaky dog. I have found her once standing in the co-sleeper over Lindley Kate licking her head and a second time standing by the bouncy seat licking Ellie's head. She goes into "concern mode" every time they cry and runs to them. However she is a dog and we don't trust her, any dog can be unpredictable so my mom is going to take her back to Virginia. I just don't have the time for her right now and it isn't fair. We don't have a fenced in yard and two babies is enough on my plate besides having to take Maggie for a walk every morning to go to the bathroom. So for now, she will be with my mom. She probably likes it better in Virginia anyways, lots of squirrels and birds to watch.


1 comment:
That is such a funny story! The sleep deprivation does get better. Dean and Cooper were sleeping through the night at 3 months. They were always pretty good sleepers but I definitely remember all those nights of very little sleep and I totally feel for you. Have fun with those cute babies! :)
Post a Comment