Saturday, April 12, 2008

Howdy from the hospital

Hello blog world! Thank you for all of your sweet comments and prayers. Things are going well, despite the fact I am stuck in the hospital. We knew when they discharged me the first time that it was touch and go in regards to whether I would be back. I went for a non-stress test on Monday and Lindley Kate decided she wanted to be non reactive which bought me a ticket to Labor and Delivery. The clinic is approximately 75 yards from the hospital. Once I got to L&D, both girls were fine and reactive but the short walk over caused my blood pressure to sky rocket. After monitoring me for 2.5 hours and still getting high pressures they decided to admit me. My lab work over all has been "normal," with a few things being off. We debated for a few days to go home but after 4 straight days of my platelets dropping and with the reality of how fast preeclampsia can worsen in women with twins, at the encouragement of 2 perinatologists we decided to stay in the hospital until the girls come. The goal is to get me to 36 weeks but if my condition changes or if I go into labor then it could be sooner. So we are camped out in the hospital trying to make the best of the situation. We were able to get dial up internet which isn't too bad except it is too slow to upload pics. We've been watching movies and William pushes me in a wheelchair outside once a day. Having William home has been the greatest...these aren't the circumstances we wanted but at this point we want to do what is best for me and our girls. He has been such a trooper...nothing like coming home from Iraq and living in a hospital. Thankfully we only spent 2 nights at home so he didn't get too used to a comfy bed. My belly has dropped quite a bit so I can actually breathe a lot easier these days. Other than that there is not too much to tell you. We are really looking forward to the end and praying for healthy outcome for both me and the girls. It is somewhat surreal to think we are going to be taking home 2 babies but very exciting. When William goes home next time I will try to get him to upload some recent pics. Thanks again for your prayers and I will keep you updated.

8 comments:

A.K. said...

what a blessing that William is finally home to be there with you for this- not the homecoming you want- but definitely the guy you want there with you at the hospital! can't wait to see those precious little ones- it will all be worth the time in the hospital!

-ak

Jen said...

It's so good to have you back in the blogging world! Liam can't wait for his next playdate with William. :)

Jessica said...

Hey Ker, thanks for the update! It's not easy blogging in your hospital room, so thank you for doing it for us! We love you.

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Thanks for the update. I keep checking in to see if you've had those babies yet. I know the hospital is no fun! I wasn't in there before I had my twins but was thee for 10 days while the boys were in the NICU. At least you are able to get monitored and you know those girls are in good hands. Hopefully you can make it to 36 weeks and hopefully avoid any NICU time for the girls! I noticed you already have a friend with twins in your links but if you need anything or have any questions please let me know. If you get a chance and want to read my blog about my life with twins then post your email address and I will send you an invite!

Kerry said...

Ashhog.. my email is kerryboulware@hotmail.com

B-Mama said...

Thanks for all the details--I have been checking back repeatedly to see how you're doing! So glad all is calm and well... Hang in there and enjoy precious time together, even if it is spent in the hospital! You'll have such funny memories to share with the girls someday! Prayers and blessings...

Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing Kerry! Hang in there it sounds like y'all are doing pretty well despite! I can't wait to see more pics!

Ashley said...

I've been checking your blog everyday hoping to hear something, and YAY! Today we finally heard something. I am keeping you in my prayers and praying for the baby girls, too. Keep us updated! Thanks for sharing!