Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Baby news
I had an appt on Tuesday and thankfully all is progressing just beautifully. The girls are getting big...estimated weight for Lindley Kate 4lbs 6oz and Ellie 4lbs 5oz. I am only 32 weeks but my belly is measuring 36 weeks. Unfortunately, baby A, LKB is breech and baby B, Ellie is transverse. There is a chance they could turn but I am not holding my breath. LKB has stayed breech for the past 5 weeks so we are definitely on the road to a c-section. Ideally they would like to see me make it to 37-38 weeks for a scheduled section but I am not quite as optimistic, I feel as though my body will go into labor before then which if I do then I do... not much we can do about it. I would prefer to have my doctor do my c-section but I am sure if I am in labor it won't really matter to me. My goal is to make it to 36 weeks and if I make it further then that is great for the girls. Me, not so much...I am so uncomfortable now, I don't even want to know how I will feel once I make it to 36,37, or even 38 weeks. I finally indulged myself and scheduled an appt for a prenatal massage on Friday. I really don't want to spend the money but I think my body will benefit greatly from the 75 minutes of relaxation. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow, you have made it so far, Kerry! It's so wonderful to hear that the girls are doing well. Have fun at your massage - you deserve it.
I had a prenatal massage and you are going to love laying on your stomach!! I told her she didn't have to massage me at all- just let me lay there for an hour and that would be enough!!!
Payton was transverse and honestly I am not sure how she made it into this world....but thank goodness she did! Keep hanging in there! You are doing great!
Wonderful news Kerry... So glad all is well so far! My petite (like you) sis also carried twins into the world, making it past 38 weeks! I remember her telling me that in the end, she moved beds completely so as to have an entire queen to herself. Maybe it's good that William doesn't have to experience that (though I know he would LOVE to!) :) She talked about getting on one side and wanting to roll over, but not being able to because of the pelvic floor discomfort! You poor twin pregos! The beauty of it all, though, was that she ended up having two beautiful, healthy boys weighing 5lbs. 5oz. and 6lbs! I will pray the same for you!
Hey there! I've been following your blog for a while now. I have 4 month old twin boys so I know what you mean when you say uncomfortable!! I had mine at 34 1/2 weeks. Prenatal massage sounds wonderful-take advantage of that! Good luck!
We just got back from our trip and I was so excited to catch up with everything- glad you are doing well (i guess as well as you can this far along with twins) the pic of you look great! and can't wait to see on the blog when William finally makes it home! ENJOY the massage!!!
I love your blog! I know you are SO uncomfortable ... I was at the end and I was only carrying one! But the massage will really help! (Well, I guess by now you've already had it!) Hang in there ... can't wait to see pictures of those babies!
Post a Comment