I was tagged by friend Jessica for a Meme... 6 quirks/habits/random thoughts about me. Many people who know me well will attest to this and if my husband reads this he will certainly attest to it as well!
1. I am a super picky eater... I hate it and wish I was different. It isn't for lack of trying things, I wish I liked more things. I do not like condiments, ketchup, mustard, mayonaise. I eat things pretty much plain. I will eat condiments cooked in food or casseroles but would never put it on anything. I also am not a fan of salads bc I don't like salad dressing. I am not a fan of vegetables either but I do make them for William and force myself to have a few bites.. I usually just mix it in with my main dish. I do not like the taste of alcohol and never really have. I would rather have dessert than have a drink. Which leads to my next quirk.
2. I love anything sweet. I love all fruit and eat a lot of it but I also love cookies, cake, ice cream,and candy. If you come to my house you will always find candy. I love skittles and in college I had a gumball machine full of skittles in my dorm room. I do have will power though... I don't sit there and eat it all day long... quite frankly candy lasts a long time in my house bc I eat a little bit at a time. I am sure my girls' friends will love coming over to our house bc we will have sweets. OH and if you know my parents, then you know I come by this trait honestly :)
3. I am not an extreme neat freak, on any given day you may find 3-4 pairs of shoes in the living room (that makes William so happy) but I am particular about a few things. I am super particular about the way towels,shirts, and socks are folded. Therefore I would just rather do it. My drawers are very organized and prior to being pregnant my closet was very organized based on color, sleeve length, and season... pregnancy has thrown some of this out the window. I am also particular about making the bed. Hospital corners have to be perfect and the sheets have to be tight up against the mattress, no loose fabric. William has tried breaking me of this bc he is super tall and he can't stand to have sheets tight on his feet... eventually we will solve this problem one day by buying a california king size bed, so we can get 4 extra inches in the length. I always wanted to keep a queen size bed (motivation to stay skinny) but William kicking the sheet out drives me nuts...of course I would give anything to have kicked out covers now, but I must confess it doesn't take long after he gets home before it makes me crazy.
4. I squeeze the tooth paste from the bottom up and it drives me crazy when people squeeze it from the middle...It is so messy that way. William used to be a squeezer but he has quit somewhat or at least when he is using mine.... unless he wants to get under my skin on purpose.
5. I sleep with a pillow bw my legs and always have since I was a small child. I have the hardest time falling asleep without it.
6. I love babies and animals. As a small child I never played with barbie but I did have 10 cabbage patch kids and I played with them all the time. I used to tell my parents I was going to have 10 kids. I took them with me everywhere. I would sit down at the mall and nurse my babies. I think I embarrased my brother many times. I have always had a soft spot for animals... I have brought home a rabbit, many cats and dogs. Thankfully my parents have fallen in love with every animal I brought home. Now they get to fall in love with my girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Haha, love it! Thanks for playing along:)
Too funny....I never played with Barbies either, but was obsessed with my Cabbage Patch kids. I used to take them with me and take pictures of them as much as possible. It drove my mom nuts b/c then she had to pay to get the pictures developed. You look beautiful, Kerry, and I'm so excited for you all about your girls and William coming home soon. I'll keep praying for you all. Love, Anne Marie
Are you also adverse to ketchup on french fries? I can't imagine! That's really crazy in our household, where we joke that ketchup is the main dish with a burger on the side! lol. :) I am inspired by your commitment to neat sheets, something we could work on!
Too funny! I hate toothpaste squeezing too!!! Someone taught me that you can use a binder clip on the end of the tube as you squeeze up to make sure it doesn't unroll. Just in case you're that picky!
Post a Comment