Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Doubly Blessed

"For I know the plans I have you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11


Our family is growing! It is with great joy I share with you that William and I are expecting TWINS!!! I am currently 10 weeks, still early on and not out of the woods when it comes to a miscarriage but I just couldn't keep it a secret any longer. I am heading back to Virginia for my high school reunion and knew I couldn't hide the good news. As most of you know a little over 6 years ago I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer so these babies growing inside of me are nothing short of a miracle both of the Lord's divine intervention and modern medicine.The day we had the 2 embryos transferred into my uterus, my doctor who is jewish prayed over my belly first in hebrew and then in english, Genesis 1:27 "Be fruitful and increase in number." Thankfully we went for my first ultrasound 2 days before William left so he was able to find out with me we are having not 1 but 2 little babies. We are so excited and looking forward to this next step in our lives. My due date is May 19th but that is somewhat unimportant when it comes to multiples. Below is a list of the ways you can pray for us along this journey.


*William's deployment, his safe return to me and our babes and that I will still be pregnant when he gets back... I would be so sad and disappointed if he wasn't here for the delivery.

* A healthy pregnancy that continues to progress with no major complications. This is a high risk pregnancy.

*My body and the ability to carry our babies safely to the point they are healthy enough and big enough to require minimal to no medical interventions... I want big healthy babies!

* My spirit and peace of mind... being a nurse and having worked in Labor and Delivery in a very high risk hospital I am not naive to everything that can go wrong. Knowledge is power but I also want to be able to enjoy this time and not let worry strip me of my joy.

God has been so faithful and so good to us through this whole process,His presence so profound. We are thankful beyond measure in the way He has provided. God Bless!








4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hehe, the news is out! Still overjoyed for you and couldn't agree more that this is nothing short of a miracle. Congratulations! See you SO soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know your mom is biting her nails. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and rejoice in this true miracle - God is good!

Candi

Meredith said...

YEA!!!!!! How fun! I am so excited for you and William. I can tell you this has been the best 2 months of my life being a mom. You are going to be the best! Twins! Yikes!