Willam and I haven't been up to a whole lot lately. He has been flying at night quite a bit trying to get all the new co-pilots the quals they need for night flights before they head off to Iraq. I have been working... more than I want but oh well. This past weekend or Friday we drove up to Long Beach to see Leesel (my sis-in-law) in the play Steel Magnolias. I worked Saturday night and Sunday William let me sleep for a good part of the day but dragged me out of bed to go on a boat ride in the bay. William has a boat and for 3 years it has been in dry dock storage up at Camp Pendleton not being used. He finally got dry dock storage down at the MCRD(in dowtown SD) which has a boat dock leading to the bay. We weren't really sure if she would even work but she did. SHe is filthy dirty.The weather conditions and being ignored for 3 years haven't done her any good but she ran. We picked her up and a big cat has made a home on his boat... leaving behind her scent enough to make our Jack Russell Terrier crazy and frantically searching for her. We were really hoping kittens didn't turn up and luckily Maggie's search was without success. Unfortunately she didn't really enjoy the boat ride as you can see in a pic below all she wanted to do was find that darn cat! Needless to say, a ski boat feels really small in the bay/ocean. I prefer the lake. However,the view was very pretty and worth the ride. I am still hoping he'll sale this toy, he has way too many and no time to play with them... dang deployments :) This week we are looking forward to a visit from my best friend Lucia and her boyfriend John... it should be a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment